THE VIDEO WORLD IS GROWING FAST: THE LONGTAIL OF CTV EXPANDS ITS REACH
FAST and Targeted Programming Consumption Accelerates, According to
The 2023 State of Streaming report examines the current state of streaming adoption, growth trends and services, to help brands and advertisers improve their reach and targeting.
While there is growth across the board, what is significant is that 75% of new hours were captured by providers beyond the top six apps - Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO Max/MAX and Disney+ - as FAST and Targeted Programming consumption accelerates.
"While the top US streaming services are keeping up with the demand for subscriptions, new growth can be observed in FAST streaming platforms like Roku, Pluto and Tubi which are increasingly consolidating their position in the household mix," said
According to the analysis, the streaming audience size also continues to grow, up to 73% (YoY) from 69% in 2022.
Additional findings include:
- Digital video is accelerating its growth: Hours watched on connected devices have risen 20% year-over-year with 81% of WiFi households now streaming on CTV.
- US households are adopting ad-supported streaming services at a faster rate: CTV households streaming ad-supported streaming services reached 83.7M, a 17% increase (from 2021-2023), while households streaming non-ad-supported services reached 81.1M, a 9% increase.
- Consumption of Targeted programming on FAST/Advertising-based Video on Demand services is accelerating: Hispanic households consume nearly twice as many hours of FAST content, increasing 81% year-on-year.
- Linear programming is evolving within the digital landscape: On the measure of content performance, 3 linear streaming providers are included in the Top 10 video services (MVPD streaming) on hours viewed per HH.
- Cord Cutters have eclipsed traditional TV subscribers: As of
May 2023, 60% of CTV households are now cordless, compared to just 37% in May 2019.
- Smart TVs are the dominant force for CTV streaming: Total households that stream content via Smart TVs increased 23% from
May 2021, followed by gaming consoles at 18%.
The 2023 State of Streaming findings will be presented during a live webinar at
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-video-world-is-growing-fast-the-longtail-of-ctv-expands-its-reach-301912510.html