comScore Earns MRC Accreditation for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) Detection and Filtration on Mobile Apps
This latest milestone expands upon comScore's 2016 previously-granted SIVT accreditation for vCE and the desktop-based Media Metrix services, which made the company the first measurement provider to gain accreditation for SIVT practices for both content and campaign measurement. Addressing the ongoing threat of invalid traffic requires sophisticated data science techniques to detect and filter suspicious activity.
"We are pleased to receive MRC accreditation for our sophisticated IVT detection in the mobile in-app environment, which completes our accreditation for this capability across all desktop and mobile digital touchpoints," said
"We congratulate comScore for earning this extension of its accreditation for its Sophisticated Invalid Traffic processes to mobile app traffic," said Executive Director and CEO of the MRC,
comScore has a long history of working closely with the MRC to achieve accreditation for many of its offerings:
- comScore recently received accreditation for mobile viewability measurement across display, video, web and apps in vCE.
- comScore received accreditation for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) detection and filtration of desktop and mobile web traffic in 2016, making it the first company to offer both content and campaign measurement leveraging MRC-accredited SIVT filtration.
- comScore was the first company to offer an MRC-accredited viewable GRP for desktop display and video campaigns. The company's Audience module of vCE – which includes its reporting of digital campaign age, gender, and behavior-based ethnicity demographics, and the resulting reach, frequency and GRPs – received MRC accreditation in
- comScore's Media Metrix was the first digital content audience measurement service to receive MRC accreditation.
You can view comScore's Third-Party Accreditation, Certification and Review Page to learn more about these accreditations: http://www.comscore.com/About-comScore/Third-Party-Review.
* The MRC's definition of Sophisticated IVT includes "traffic identified through advanced analytics, multipoint corroboration, human intervention—such as hijacked devices, ad tags, or creative; adware; malware; misappropriated content."
comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. comScore completed its merger with
Antoine Ibrahim, comScore, Inc., (212) 497-1785, firstname.lastname@example.org